Three Home Improvement Ideas That Will Increase the Value of Your Home
by guest writer Paisley Hansen
May 17, 2019
Owning your own home is an investment in your future. You can protect that investment by keeping it in good repair and updated through the years.
Here are a few things that you can do to your home to improve it while increasing its value.
Keeping the interior features of your home updated will not only
increase its value
it will also improve your quality of life. Think about these areas of your home.
: Cabinets, appliances, flooring, and other areas can become outdated over time. Or, maybe it's just time for a change or
an improvement in the layout of the kitchen. Keeping your kitchen updated with quality enhancements is a great example of a way to
improve your home's comfort level and its value at the same time.
: The same thing goes for your bathroom fixtures. New vanities, tubs, showers, and even toilets can make a huge
difference in your bathrooms. And, there are even new energy saving features that will reduce the amount of water that you are using,
saving you money every month and reducing your impact on the environment by not
wasting as much water
: It's another feature of your home than can wear over the years or simply need a little sprucing up. You'll find a wide
variety of flooring options ranging from hardwoods to carpets to ceramic tile or even other more exotic varieties of floor styles. Beautiful
floors will always enhance a home's interior and add value to the home.
: If your windows are older and drafty, adding new energy-efficient windows is an ideal home improvement, both increasing
your home's value and saving you money on your monthly utility bills. The cost of replacing old windows can actually be recouped fairly quickly.
Think About Renewable Energy
A rooftop solar system
will both increase the value of your home and save you money at the same time. You can have a system installed and designed that
will supply almost all, if not all, of your home's utility needs. And, if your solar panels produce more energy than you need, you can
actually store it and sell it back to your local utility company.
There are also some great
currently available. In some cases, depending on how soon you take advantage of the government incentives and the initial cost of
the installation, a solar energy system can actually cost next to nothing.
Exterior Home Improvements
Here are some great ways to improve the exterior of your home.
- Any exterior paint, whether it be the entire house or just some areas, could be changed to a different color to give your home an entirely new look.
- A deck will not only give your family more living space when the weather is nice, it's also a great way to increase your home's value.
- Updating your landscaping with flowers, shrubbery, or other lawn features will greatly increase the curb appeal of your home.
- Adding a fence is also a great way to accentuate your home's exterior and increase its value. It can be used to section off certain, or all, parts of your property or it can be purely ornamental.
- You can also look at your driveways and sidewalks. Any cracks or worn areas aren't doing anything to add to the beauty or the value of your home. Timely repairs or replacement of old walkways and driveways is a good financial investment in your home's future
It all comes down to what makes you more comfortable in your home. These are just a few of the areas in your home that can be improved.
Basically, if changing something makes you happy and maintains or increases your home's value, go for it! You only live once, right?
Author Bio: Paisley Hansen is a loving wife and mother of twins. She is a self-described "DIY addict", and loves
to decorate her house and office with her creations. As a mother, Paisley is really passionate about health,
nutrition, and spending time with her family. When she's not writing, you can find her with a glass of mint
lemon water and a child on each hip. Who says moms aren't superheroes?